Tuesday, January 09, 2007

car break-in on University Ave

Hi Chips,

I just wanted to warn you of yet another car break-in on University Ave.
near Sacramento State. I was parked near the river access yesterday morning
(10:00 am) as far away from the underpass as I could and close to homes, yet
after a 50 minute run, I found my passenger front window smashed in. I had
over $1,000 worth of things stolen (including my wallet and my house keys
and car keys to both my cars, as I put my main set of keys in the car's
middle console). Nothing was in view, but they tore apart my car and found
my stuff.

It was heart wrenching and a total hassle! Please be advised that this is
not a safe area to park. I am certain the thieves were watching and waiting
for me to get out of my car and go for a run. Then they seized the
opportunity.

What a bummer!

Jenny Hitchings

No comments: